Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Z is back



It's not quite the Return of the Space Cowboy, but after a notable sojourn from using the WWW for any recreative activities I am inspired to write again. To all of those beautiful people out there who have supported and believed in me, I say thanks a million.
No this is no Oscar reception but a simple thanks always goes a long way.

So what's been going on with me. Between turbulent relationships and bytecode turning my eyes square, I've managed to start reading books again - these one's actually dont have any picture - (Mom, you'll be so proud). I reckon the whole turning point in my life of late was the epiphany that my Cheese has moved. In other words, it occured to me that there's so much more to me than just a computational biologist. Dont get me wrong here, I love hacking away at DNA strings and probability theory but it's been a lot less challenging. Let's not forget the enormous ego that my superiors - professionally speaking - throw down on a daily basis. Lord help us all to be a little more humble.

Life should be practical. Everything has a beginning an an end. If we do not progress then we're not experiencing the full journey that this life offers us. I just hate comfort zones because like procrastination, they are the thieves of time. "Where to next?", is the big question.

So back to the books. Robin Sharma's "The Monk who sold his Ferrari" is what I'm currently feeding my hungry mind. It's full of winderous techiques and insights into the deeper purpose, or Dharma, of life. I feel that my purpose is also to help others in the best way that I can. When I was a kid I wanted to be a scientist and solve two great challenges to mankind i.e. cure cancer and patch the ozone layer. I must have been high on too much candy because these are perhaps one of the most difficult afflictions facing humanity today. I will not give up though. I still dream of my name being immortalized in an encyclopedia like Hershey and Chase, Watson and Crick, Lurie and Delbruck and Starsky and Hutch (Ha ha).


Oh, gotta go now. Will post some more later.

1 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger The Quiet Storm said...

Hi Z! Thats a good post! But you do need to update your blog hehe! Oh and yes, that book " The Monk that sold his Ferrari" any good?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home